The Institute of Lifestyle Medicine (ILM) was founded in 2007 at Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital and Harvard Medical School to reduce lifestyle-related death and disease in society through clinician-directed interventions with patients. A non-profit professional education, research, and advocacy organization, the ILM is uniquely positioned to ignite clinician involvement in lifestyle medicine.
The ILM offers the following services:
- Lifestyle Medicine CME courses including Lifestyle Medicine: Tools for Promoting Healthy Change and Active Lives: Transforming Ourselves and Our Patients.
- Online Lifestyle Medicine CME courses.
- Training for health professionals wishing to improve their personal lifestyle choices
so they can be more effective role models for their patients.
- Consulting services to corporations, hospitals, medical practices, health & wellness
providers, and fitness facilities.
Additionally, to further our agenda of advocacy in promoting health through lifestyle medicine,
ILM representatives serve on:
- U.S. National Physical Activity Plan: Healthcare Sector
- American College of Preventive Medicine’s Lifestyle Medicine Committee
- Executive Council for ACSM’s Exercise is Medicine™ global initiative
- ACSM’s Exercise is Medicine™, Chair of Education Committee
- American College of Lifestyle Medicine, Advisory Board
Leadership & Staff
Edward M. Phillips, MD
Director, Institute of Lifestyle Medicine
Joslin Diabetes Center
1 Joslin Place, Boston, MA 02215
+1 (617) 309-2435 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Alice Hanford
Academic & Research Administrator, Institute of Lifestyle Medicine
Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital Network
125 Nashua Street, Boston, , MA 02114
+1 (617) 573-7116 | email@example.com
Cary Wing, Ed.D., FACSM
Social Media Coordinator