- Institute of Lifestyle Medicine CHEF Coaching Program. Click here to learn more and register.
- The Lifestyle Medicine Education Collaborative (LMEd) offers leadership, guidance, and resources to advance the adoption and implementation of lifestyle medicine curricula throughout medical education. Learn more and join the conversation. The ILM is a strategic partner.
- The True Health Initiative is a coalition of world-renowned health experts committed to cutting through the noise and educating on only the time-honored, proven principles about lifestyle as medicine. Meet over 300 members of the Council of Directors and learn more.
- The Lifestyle Medicine Global Alliance represents the convergence of lifestyle medicine professional associations from around the world, uniting under one banner for the purpose of collaboration, shared knowledge and best practices, and to more compellingly convey the power of the lifestyle medicine story—a story of health, hope and healing for one and all. Lifestyle medicine leaders of all nations are working together to decrease the global pandemic of non-communicable disease. Learn more.
- The American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine (AJLM) is a peer-reviewed bi-monthly resource for practitioners seeking to incorporate lifestyle practices into clinical medicine. AJLM provides commentaries and research reviews on nutrition and diet, cardiovascular disease, obesity, anxiety and depression, sleep problems, metabolic disease, and more. Click here to learn more.
- The Medical Fitness Association (MFA) is a non-profit professional membership association and is the only organization dedicated to the medical fitness difference and integrated care as the prescription for better health. MFA serves facilities and professionals who are committed to promoting the benefits of health and fitness programs on lifestyle-related disease and making medical fitness programs and services available within their community. Learn more.
Culinary Tips and Tools
Stress Management and Relaxation Tools (courtesy of the Benson-Henry
Institute for Mind Body Medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital)
- Stress Warning Signals Checklist
- Eliciting The Relaxation Response
- Mini Relaxation Exercises
- 38 Stress Busters
- 10 Simple Ways You Can Practice Mindfulness Each Day
- Wellness Coaching Certificates – Resource Guide
- Assessing Client-Patient Stage Of Change
- Assessing Importance Questionnaire
- Assessing Confidence Questionnaire
- Goals Development Worksheet
- Weekly Planner
- Physician-Health Coach Collaboration–A Symbiotic Relationship References
- Physician-Health Coach Collaboration–A Symbiotic Relationship Books
- ILM Practice Coaching Session
- Physicians And Wellness Coaches
Nutrition and Weight Management Tools
- WAVE Assessment And Recommendations
- Healthy Eating Pyramid
- Powerful Plate
- Resources–Nutrition And Weight Management
Physical Activity Tools
- Exercise Intensity
- MET Values
- Physical Activity Vital Sign
- Physical Activity Examples
- Physical Activity Guidelines
- Physical Activity Toolkit
- Measuring Physical Activity Intensity
- Implementing Physical Activity Strategies
Developed through a partnership with the National Physical Activity Plan Alliance and the National Coalition for Promoting Physical Activity, Implementing Physical Activity Strategies profiles 42 physical activity programs that are helping people adopt more active and healthy lifestyles. The Institute of Lifestyle Medicine is profiled in the Healthcare section of the publication and includes topics on: introducing the concept of lifestyle medicine; forming the right partnerships; working together; and, think outside the box.
- Webinar: “Defining the Role and Value of the Well-Qualified Health and Fitness Professional to the Healthcare Team”
Sponsored by the National Coalition for Promoting Physical Activity
Guest speakers Dr. Edward Phillips, Director of the Institute of Lifestyle Medicine, and Lisa Coors, owner of Coors Core Fitness, contributed their expertise on the role and value of the well-qualified health and fitness professional to the healthcare team, especially with the backdrop of implementation of the Affordable Care Act and increasing emphasis on primary and secondary prevention.
If you would like to purchase DVDs from any of our prior live courses, including PowerPoint presentations, Q&A, and exercise sessions, please visit Healthy Learning.