- NEW! ILM Chef Coaching Program. Click here to learn more and register.
- The Lifestyle Medicine Education Collaborative (LMEd)–launched in February 2015–offers leadership, guidance, and resources to advance the adoption and implementation of lifestyle medicine curricula throughout medical education. Learn more and join the conversation.
Culinary Tips and Tools
Stress Management and Relaxation Tools (courtesy of the Benson-Henry
Institute for Mind Body Medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital)
- Stress Warning Signals Checklist
- Eliciting The Relaxation Response
- Mini Relaxation Exercises
- 38 Stress Busters
- 10 Simple Ways You Can Practice Mindfulness Each Day
- Wellness Coaching Certificates – Resource Guide
- Assessing Client-Patient Stage Of Change
- Assessing Importance Questionnaire
- Assessing Confidence Questionnaire
- Goals Development Worksheet
- Weekly Planner
- Physician-Health Coach Collaboration–A Symbiotic Relationship References
- Physician-Health Coach Collaboration–A Symbiotic Relationship Books
- ILM Practice Coaching Session
- Physicians And Wellness Coaches
Nutrition and Weight Management Tools
- WAVE Assessment And Recommendations
- Healthy Eating Pyramid
- Powerful Plate
- Resources–Nutrition And Weight Management
Physical Activity Tools
- Exercise Intensity
- MET Values
- Physical Activity Vital Sign
- Physical Activity Examples
- Physical Activity Guidelines
- Physical Activity Toolkit
- Measuring Physical Activity Intensity
- Implementing Physical Activity Strategies
Developed through a partnership with the National Physical Activity Plan Alliance and the National Coalition for Promoting Physical Activity, Implementing Physical Activity Strategies profiles 42 physical activity programs that are helping people adopt more active and healthy lifestyles. The Institute of Lifestyle Medicine is profiled in the Healthcare section of the publication and includes topics on: introducing the concept of lifestyle medicine; forming the right partnerships; working together; and, think outside the box.
- Webinar: “Defining the Role and Value of the Well-Qualified Health and Fitness Professional to the Healthcare Team”
Sponsored by the National Coalition for Promoting Physical Activity
Guest speakers Dr. Edward Phillips, Director of the Institute of Lifestyle Medicine, and Lisa Coors, owner of Coors Core Fitness, contributed their expertise on the role and value of the well-qualified health and fitness professional to the healthcare team, especially with the backdrop of implementation of the Affordable Care Act and increasing emphasis on primary and secondary prevention.
If you would like to purchase DVDs from any of our prior live courses, including PowerPoint presentations, Q&A, and exercise sessions, please visit Healthy Learning.