On this page:
Tools and Resources
Alliances and Partnerships
Stress Management and Relaxation Tools (courtesy of the Benson-Henry
Institute for Mind Body Medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital)
- Stress Warning Signals Checklist
- Eliciting the Relaxation Response
- Mini Relaxation Exercises
- 38 Stress Busters
- 10 Simple Ways You Can Practice Mindfulness Each Day
- Practical Guide to Wellness Coaching Certificates ~~ New March 2014
- Assessing Client-Patient Stage of Change
- Assessing Importance Questionnaire
- Assessing Confidence Questionnaire
- Goals Development Worksheet
- Weekly Planner
- Physician-Health Coach Collaboration — A Symbiotic Relationship (References)
- Physician-Health Coach Collaboration — A Symbiotic Relationship (Books)
- ILM Practice Coaching Session
- Physicians and Wellness Coaches
Nutrition and Weight Management Tools
- WAVE Assessment and Recommendations
- Healthy Eating Pyramid
- Powerful Plate
- Resources — Nutrition and Weight Management
Physical Activity Tools
If you would like to purchase DVDs from any of our prior live courses, including PowerPoint presentations, Q&A, and exercise sessions, please visit Healthy Learning.
Exercise is Medicine™ is an initiative of the American College of Sports Medicine, a nationwide campaign designed to ensure that exercise is front and center in every discussion about disease prevention, health, and wellness — for doctors and patients. The ILM’s Dr. Edward Phillips serves on the task force for this initiative.
Exercise is Medicine™ provides many tools and resources, including:
- Your Prescription for Health flier series: information and recommendations
for exercising safely with a variety of health conditions.
- Keys to Exercise video series: provides tips and best
practices for a healthier, more effective workout.
- Exercise Readiness and Prescription Pad
For additional tools and resources, visit the Exercise is Medicine™ website.
The American Council on Exercise® (ACE) is a nonprofit organization committed to enriching quality of life through safe and effective exercise and physical activity. ACE provides certification and continuing education for fitness professionals and offers many resources and tools on its website.
The American Council on Exercise®provides many tools and resources, including:
- Fit Facts: Before You Start an Exercise Program
- Fit Facts: Exercise Can Help Control Stress
- Fit Facts: Making Time for Exercise Is Easy
- Fit Facts: The Best Time to Exercise
- Fit Facts: The Right Exercise Program for You Starts Here
- Fit Facts: Three Things That Every Exercise Program Should Have
You can find additional ACE Fit Facts by clicking here.
Fit Facts are reprinted from ACE FitnessMatters® magazine. To learn more, visit the ACE website.
The American College of Preventive Medicine (ACPM) is the national professional society for physicians who specialize in preventive medicine. ACPM’s 2,000 plus members are engaged in preventive medicine practice, teaching, and research. The ACPM seeks to improve population health status through evidence-based disease prevention and health promotion research, policies, practices, and programs. For more information on the ACPM, visit
their website. They have generously allowed us to share this comprehensive Lifestyle Medicine Literature Review.
The American College of Sports Medicine promotes and integrates research, education, and practical applications of sports medicine and exercise science to maintain and enhance physical performance, fitness, health, and quality of life. Learn more at www.ACSM.org.
The Medical Fitness Association (MFA) is a non-profit professional membership association and is the only organization dedicated to the medical fitness difference and integrated care as the prescription for better health. MFA serves facilities and professionals who are committed to promoting the benefits of health and fitness programs on lifestyle-related disease and making medical fitness programs and services available within their community. www.MedicalFitness.org
The American College of Lifestyle Medicine is the first national medical specialty society for healthcare professionals who utilize lifestyle interventions as the primary therapeutic tool in the treatment and management of disease. Members are engaged in practice, teaching, and research on all levels and in various areas of healthcare. Many are the pioneers and experts in the new field of Lifestyle Medicine. Learn more at www.LifestyleMedicine.org.
The European College of Preventive and Lifestyle Medicine (ECLM) is the Preventive and Lifestyle Medicine society in Europe. The organization represents all nations in Europe and around the Mediterranean and is a founding member of the Global Lifestyle Medicine Alliance (GLMA). The Mission of ECLM is to reduce the burden of lifestyle-related disease in Europe. Click here to learn more.